When it comes to preserving the longevity of your building and its aesthetics, balcony waterproofing should be top priority on your list.
Communal Walkways and Balconies need high performance protection year in year out as they have to cope with heavy traffic and are constantly exposed to the elements through summer and winter. A failing balcony can expose the building to water ingress and eventually compromise the structural integrity of concrete subdeck.
Installing a new waterproofing system can also be very disruptive, so choosing the right system is essential.
Tor’s Elastadeck Balcony System is a Premium Balcony and Communal walkway system. As well as being a fast-curing resin system, it’s been designed to waterproof and provide slip resistance – specifically intended for use on medium to high wear areas. Typically, such areas will consist of bare concrete or asphalt.
Elastadeck is suitable for external walkways and balconies, usually found in:
- Walkways and escapes areas in shopping centres
- Access areas in car parks
- Balconies and walkways in hotels and hospitals
- Communal areas, landings, access areas and escape routes in social housing blocks
System Features & Benefits
– Fast cure formula – dries is 60-90 minutes per coat – Allows the work to be completed quickly
– Low odour formula – no fuss from nasty solvent or resin odours
– Fully reinforces membranes in as little as two coats – less operations on site = less time
– Easy to apply and detail
– Low textured, slip resistant finish (with coloured flake option)
– Up to 20 years of protection with Tor’s no quibble guarantee
The Tor service available to you starts with unmatched expertise and knowledge from the Tor Partnered contractor placed on the project. Along with a nationwide team of Area Managers and technical personnel, a free site survey of your building will be carried out with our famous attention to detail. Find out more about the use of Elastadeck by visiting our product page, or contact us to speak to one of our experts today.